Saturday, September 05, 2009

Teachers' Day - a long overdue thank you note.

I've been a student all my life and teachers have played a very important role in my life. Right from the ones in KG (which I sadly have not much recollection of) to the ones at IIMA, they have shaped the person I am and I will be.

This blog is for all the teachers who I have not been able to thank in person: I will be ever grateful for your guidance. The foundation you laid has helped me get to where I have got, in the way I have got there.

To my teachers in KG - Chincholkar teacher and the others, who taught me the absolute basics (literally the ABC), who made sure I never had stage fright- thank you. I cannot imagine the effort and patience you must have had to handle the number of rambunctious kids that you did.

To my teachers in primary school: who made sure I got talking in English, the ones that made me write fast and in good handwriting, the ones that supported my fascination for astronomy, the ones that encouraged me to participate in many extracurricular activities; thank you. They gave me an excellent base in English and Mathematics (what you taught me was extremely useful in the CAT). Nisha teacher, Rajput teacher, Anuvi teacher, Seetha teacher, Radha madam, Jaya madam- thanks for your teaching. I still aim for the sky; sometimes get there but atleast reach the top of the tree.

To my teachers in secondary school - too numerous to name; you made a wonderful impression on my mind. When a teacher who taught you 3 years ago says, "Nissim, your problem is that you take the languages for granted", it makes you take a good hard look at all the things you are doing wrong. Your constant encouragement was very important to me- thanks a lot for all of it.

I hope some day I get a chance to thank all of my teachers in person, but this blog is atleast a start.

1 comment:

Bastet said...

nicely written blog! :) but, seriously, you would have aced the GRE ... "rambunctious" !!!! :D