Sunday, December 24, 2006

Complimentary function

While we may want to keep our feet firmly on the ground in the face of the sweetest,diabetes-inducing compliments...in my lonelier times I tend to reminisce the kind things people have said to me.
These are not necessarily when I have done really well...but each one of them touched my heart.
Sometimes these people did not even know how much they touched my heart.
The people shall not be named . Some of them know me, some think they know me and some really do know me.
1) July 26th,2K5.
On the famed Matunga Z-bridge. Having walked through waist deep water and being drenched to the bone I am contemplating the task I and a classmate just achieved and how to get home with minimum damage. I am,as sportspersons would put it, 'in the zone'. And she comes up with:
" Nissim, you look like a saint...absolutely expressionless".
I think of this as a compliment...dunno about you.

2) Semester 7. Assignments flying all around. DComm assignments being finished hurriedly.
I sit there, close my eyes and focus myself. A classmate comes up with:
" You look like you don't have any problems in life." NO COMMENTS!!

3) In a chat (probably online):
" That's why your eyes are so deep...there's a part of you thats out there for the world to see. Then there is an entire you hidden from the rest of the world."
Point taken and compliment too.

3 comments:

Subhash said...

One more from me...

You know where to stroke the cat to make it happy :-)...for humans it is their ego...

Noticed it the first time, you played along with me and kept blowing my trumpet for me :-) ...a rare thing i've seen in people!

Anonymous said...

you are a complete scorpio (compliment?)

name shall not be revealed ;)

Nissim said...

thanks for this last compliment.
u may reveal your name in person or on private chat.